Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Road Trippin'

I was starting to get a little stir crazy last week. I was missing familiar people and places, so when Nicky said he had been invited to the fishing camp, I starting planning a trip back to Lafayette.

My mom, sister and I spent Saturday morning yard-saling and thrift store shopping. I was on the hunt for an outdoor fan for our balcony, and I scored a deal! My $3 fan was the buy of the day! We made sure to grab lunch at the best Mexican restaurant in the world... Little Mexico in Sunset! I meant to take pictures of the food, but my stomach wouldn't let me. :)

I came back to Houma early Sunday morning, only to get on the road again Monday morning for more visiting! I made a stop in Baton Rouge for lunch with my newly engaged friends, Jamie and Laura. We talked wedding plans and enjoyed burritos from the one and only IZZO'S!


After lunch with these lovely ladies, I made my way west on I-10 for dinner with a group of my favorite people in the entire world. I have this group of 7 girlfriends, and we've grown up together. 3 of us have moved out of the Lafayette area, but we make it a priority to get together once a month for dinner just to stay in touch and celebrate our friendships. Unfortunately, our friend Jenny couldn't make it from Baton Rouge and she was greatly missed. I LOVE these dinners. God uses these girls in my life in such significant ways, and I am so grateful for each of them. Our personalities are so different, and we each bring something special to the group. That's what makes our get-togethers so exciting! I can't wait for September!

1 comment:

  1. so bummed i couldn't make it!!! glad y'all had fun and i'm looking forward to september too! :)

    ReplyDelete