Tuesday, August 31, 2010

New Uses

One of my favorite things to do is find new ways to use things, other than their intended purposes. It makes me feel unusually creative. These are the three favorites around my home right now:

When Nicky's grandfather passed away, Nicky received a bunch of his old handkerchiefs. Instead of letting them sit in a drawer, we're using them as curtain ties. Now we think of Pop every day when we open up our curtains.

I can't really take credit for this next one because it was my mom's idea. But, I've definitely carried it over into my home. Every girl I know has a curling iron or hair straightener, and almost every girl I know has burned their countertops with one of these...or they've melted a Q-tip box like my dear friend, Jenny. So, a trivet is an attractive way to protect your countertops from the dangers of these hair tools!

I went yard-saling a couple of weeks ago with my mom and sister, and I came across the most precious fleur-de-lis paper towel holder for my kitchen. I already had a plain silver paper-towel holder that was doing the job just fine, but this new one was only a DOLLAR, and it was oh so cute! So, here's how I justified my great find: I turned my old paper towel holder into a toilet paper holder! Now, when company comes over, they don't have to dig through my cabinets to find toilet paper. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment