Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Our Adventures in Colorado

Last month, Nicky and I took a trip to Colorado to visit our friends, Pac and Cori. We also met up with another couple from Houston, Joe and Katie. This trip would mark a lot of "firsts" for me. First time flying and first time skiing. As a matter of fact, this was Nicky's first time skiing, as well.

I have to admit, I was pretty terrified to embark on both of these new challenges...especially flying. I'm ashamed to admit that I nearly had an anxiety attack on the way to the airport. Nicky and I barely spoke a word as I focused on my breathing and had a few conversations with Jesus. Even though I've now officially flewn twice, the thought of it still makes me a little nervous. However, the views from the sky were absolutely stunning. And the best part about flying is that it took 2.5 hours to fly to Denver when it would have taken about 26 hours to drive...yuck!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the photos from our adventures in Colorado!

View from above the clouds!

Together, at last!

Leading the way as we embark on our hike of Devil's Backbone!

The awesome view from "The Keyhole"

Coming into the Rockies...wow!

1. We were pretty impressed with our packing skills.
2. This is me pretending to help Nicky, but I really wasn't...

This is what I saw when I opened the curtains to our bedroom!

The Gang: Joe, Katie, John (Pac), Cori, Nicky, Me

This is a little creek near one of the restaurants where we ate...I just thought it was too pretty not to capture on camera.

The Ladies Table: Cori, Me, Katie

The Guys Table: Nicky, John, Joe
The are very proud of the mustaches they each grew for the trip...

Eating at this restaurant was one of the highlights of the trip. It was called Mimi's Pies, and it was amazing!

This was the apple pie with vanilla ice cream...unbelievable!

A trip with these folks would not be complete without a little game time...Cranium Turbo, anyone?

This was Katie's re-enactment of Nicky's collision with a tree branch...I felt like I was there, Katie!
This was hands-down one of the best trips I've ever taken. New experiences in a new environment made for quite an amazing time. Although we enjoyed our time in the snow-covered mountains, I think we all decided that next year's vacation should be something a little more tropical...

No comments:

Post a Comment