Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Lion King on Broadway

This past Saturday night, Nicky and I celebrated our two-year wedding anniversary. It's really not until April 10, but when I found out the Lion King on Broadway was coming to New Orleans, I knew that was how I wanted to celebrate!

We kicked off the evening with dinner at Crazy Johnnie's Steakhouse in Metairie. We both had heard great things about this restaurant, so we were anxious to try it out. For an appetizer, we ordered Crawfish Johnnie - this was a crawfish and mushroom sauce over croutons - AMAZING! Then, we both ordered an 8 oz. filet mignon. They were both cooked perfectly, but we felt that the steak needed a little more salt and pepper. Also, the steak appeared to have been pre-cooked because it was not very juicy. The steak was served with Crazy Potatoes, and those were off the chain! For dessert, we just had to try bread pudding - we get this pretty much everywhere we go...it's like a contest to see who does it best. Unfortunately, we were a little disappointed with this too. It had obviously been microwaved and was very dry. All in all, we're glad we tried it out, and we would definitely go back. However, we would order something besides steak.

And then it was SHOW TIME!!! This was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen in my life. The entire performance was out of this world. I had chills the whole time and tears in my eyes every time they performed "The Circle of Life". The animals were magnificent, and I was blown away every time they came on stage...my favorites were the giraffes and elephants. 



If you ever get a chance to go, GO! I cannot wait to go back to another play...Wicked will be there in May 2013...I'm so there!

2 comments:

  1. i get so excited when i see i have unread posts from y'all! can i sign up for wicked 2013!?! love y'all!!

    ReplyDelete