Thursday, October 28, 2010

October on the Road: Part 1

This month, Nicky and I put some serious mileage on the Corolla. For starters, we made a trip to New Orleans the weekend of the 9th. When we first got to the Big Easy, Nicky took me to lunch for my birthday at Drago's. We were even able to convince our friends John and Cori to meet us in the Crescent City for a N.O. Hornets basketball game that night in the Capital One suite. The next morning, we all met up with our friends Ben and Sarah (who just had their first child, Audrey Katherine, on October 24!) at Cafe du Monde for the traditional beignets and cafe au lait!

The crabcake au gratin will change your life.

Veal Parmesan

Shrimp Stew

The aftermath of bread pudding...

Suite tickets!


Crazy kids from Jackson!


Sarah and Ben = Brand New Parents!

Cannot skip this when you go to N.O.
But the weekend didn't end there! My amazing husband and my two friends, Jamie and Laura, surprised me on Sunday with a visit from Baton Rouge! They brought homemade cupcakes, coke, and popcorn with M&M's! What a special birthday treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment