Thursday, October 28, 2010

In the spirit of Halloween...

I enjoy Halloween. Not the scary stuff, just the cute, fun stuff. I like seeing kids dressed up in adorable costumes, and I LOVE the candy! I like the decorations that go along with the holiday, as well, but I have a hard time spending money on home decor that can only be used once a year (my exception to that rule is Christmas!) So, I found a solution to my dilemma: A couple of weeks ago, I was subbing in a second grade classroom. I had to make copies of a workbook page for the students, and I accidentally copied the page twice. We had about 15 minutes to fill at the end of the day, so I passed out the sheets and told them to draw a "Non-scary Halloween picture" on the back of the papers for me so that I could decorate my house with their artwork. As soon as I got home, I hung the drawings from my island. Nothing cheers up a home like children's artwork! And what's even better is that I did not have to pay for Halloween decor!





These are a few of my favorite pumpkins...




Last year, my mom and I went on a search for the movie Hocus Pocus, but we came up empty handed. So this year, I was determined to add it to my DVD collection. Nicky and I searched all over Houma, but it was nowhere to be found. I made a trip to Lafayette this past Monday to see my brother who has an eye injury from baseball practice, and we stopped at Target to see if we would have any luck. Apparently, his eye is still working just fine because he spotted this hard-to-find flick for me just as I was giving up hope! This is my favorite Halloween movie! I remember seeing it for the first time in the theater in Bossier City with my Aunt Robin the summer between 2nd and 3rd grade. 

When I got home from pilates class on Tuesday night, Nicky had the DVD ready to go in the player and a box of my favorite candy waiting for me on the couch!


2 comments:

  1. You picked out my favorite pumpkin too!! The one with three teeth is definitely a keeper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't help but giggle every time I look at it. :)

    ReplyDelete