Sunday, July 18, 2010

My Summer Job

This summer I worked as a counselor for a local church's Summer Day Camp program. I, along with my partner Jamie, was in charge of a group of students who had completed the 4th grade. This summer has been full of challenges, and I have learned even more about adolescence than I thought I knew after student teaching 6th graders. I loved working in an environment in which God was not a taboo subject. The counselors were constantly called and challenged to love kids like Christ loves us, and I know that my Christian walk was made stronger over these past 8 weeks. We took a field trip each week, and some of these included laser tag, bowling, skating, and a trip to see Toy Story 3 (I cried like a baby). Our last field trip of the summer was to the BREC Zoo, where we got to see the incredible new tiger exhibit. I hope you enjoy these snapshots!

So magnificent.

The elephants are my favorite!

This is Jamie. They put her in charge of children... :)

We just couldn't help ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment