Sunday, July 18, 2010

Houma

Let the packing commence...










I lived in Lafayette most of my life. I couldn't wait to move to Baton Rouge after our wedding and settle into a new town. I had no problem finding my way around "the big city", and Nicky and I have made wonderful friends through each of our jobs and church. BR has been so much fun and it has truly felt like home for the past 3 months. I could see us putting down roots and being here for a long time, but that's not what God had in mind for us. About a month ago, Nicky was offered a new position within his company. This position would move us to Houma.

At first I was apprehensive. I struggled with the realization that our life (that I had so prettily planned in my mind) was no longer going to be in Baton Rouge, the town I had really grown to love. I shed a couple of tears, but God comforted me and reassured me that He had it all under control. I know that if He is bringing us to Houma, then He is preparing a life for us down there. That is all I need to know.

So, as we approach our move date and pack up the apartment where we've spent our first 3 months as husband and wife, I contiune to grow more and more excited. Excited about the possibilities that await us. Excited about the adventures we will have in a new town. Excited about how we will grow closer to one another (since we don't know anyone else) :). And more than anything, excited about the ways we will see God unfold His plans for us.

1 comment:

  1. post woman! you've spoiled me with your multiple posts in one day--can't wait for thursday! :)

    p.s. bistro set was from joel's granny and i painted it white--check craiglists and newspapers--they are sure to have something like it. joel's granny didn't know what she was giving away--i LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete