Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Prather's Past Year

It just occurred to me that I have not blogged in almost a year! I miss it terribly, as it was such a great way to share what we were up to here in Houma. We spent a lot of time on the road, but we also spent a lot of time putting down roots here in Houma. We've joined a church (First Baptist Church of Houma), I'm a member of Junior Auxiliary, and I started a Book Club with 4 wonderful girlfriends. Nicky loves his job and has made great friends who share his love of hunting, fishing, shooting guns, and playing golf. He's become a member of the Coastal Conservation Association and Ducks Unlimited. Needless to say, Houma has become home for us. We hope you enjoy this glimpse into our past year!


Last March, I made a trip to Shreveport, LA with my mom and sister to attend a baby shower for my cousin, Amber.

Amber, Jenni, Me and Granny

A few of the McComic ladies

I displayed my sewing skills by making this blanket for Baby Madelyn
On April 10, Nicky and I celebrated our one year wedding anniversary. It's no surprise that we love food and love to try new restaurants whenever the opportunity presents itself. Nicky found The Grapevine in Donaldsonville, LA, so we had lunch there on the Saturday before our anniversary and then drove to White Castle to tour the local plantation home.




In May, Nicky and I made a trip to Baton Rouge to see my brother-in-law, Jason, receive his Bachelor's degree in Nursing.

Congrats, Jason!
A few days later, it was my little brother's turn to walk across the stage. Seth graduated from Acadiana High School!

Incredible to think that he's almost finished with his first year of college, and I remember the day he was born like it just happened yesterday!
In July, we made our way to Jackson, MS to witness a precious couple get married.

Cori and John
In August, Nicky and I took a trip up to Signal Mountain, TN to visit Uncle Charles and Aunt Linda.

The views from their home were breathtaking!

Uncle Charles let us take the convertible for a joy ride!

Aunt Linda (a.k.a. Nanny) and Nicky
They took us to their cabin for dinner one night!

What a beautiful retreat!


Nanny and Mikey firing up the grill!
We also went to Hilton Head, SC in October and Chicot State Park just this past weekend for Mardi Gras. But those deserve their own posts, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment