Friday, November 5, 2010

Is it too early...

...for Christmas decor?

I think not! Once Halloween is over (and cold weather begins), Christmas season officially starts in my book. My dear friend, Jenny, posted a fabulous DIY wreath on her blog, and I was immediately inspired! I already had most of the supplies, but after a quick trip to Hobby Lobby I was ready to go!

The detailed instructions for this project can be found by visiting the Haute Apple Pie blog. You'll notice that my berry branches and ribbon are different...I have a huge bolt of ivory satin material left over from my wedding, so I used that instead of burlap, and I chose berries that complimented the satin.

Before...
After!
I am so proud of my wreath! The best part about it, in my opinion, is that it doesn't have to be perfect. DIY projects that require perfection are not the DIY projects for me. I hope you've been inspired to get creative this holiday season!

3 comments:

  1. betsy it's so great!!! i didn't even think about incorporating more than one type of berry--so great! :) can't wait to see you soon!! love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I could not believe how easy it was! At first, I was getting frustrated with the satin material because the ends were fraying SO badly, then I remembered I could singe them. So I grabbed a lighter and was finished with that problem in about a minute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. way to go besty! jenny is so inspiring! miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete